State Code (for example) : TN for Tamil Nadu
‘F’ for general / ‘R’ for reserved category
Serial Order of Registration (for example) : 1079
No. of applicants in the Cover (for example) : 3
No. of Infants (for example) : 1
The sum of the above would appear as COVER NO. TNF-1079-3-1/ TNR-1079-3-1.
Any Muslim Citizen not in possession of Valid Passport i.e.issued on or before 7.12.2017 and valid atleast upto 14.02.2019.
Person who performed Haj in the earlier years through Haj Committee of India,
Persons suffering from Polio, Tuberculosis, Congestive Cardiac & Respiratory Ailments, Acute Coronary Insufficiency, Coronary Thrombosis, Mental Disorder, Infectious Leprosy, AIDS and / or any other communicable diseases or handicaps,
Lady not accompanied by a Mehram,
Lady in the advanced stage of pregnancy,
Person against whom any Court Order prohibiting him / her from undertaking foreign travel.
How to apply?
A: Reserved Category (age 70+ with companion) Shall submit HAF along with original passport and one photograph attached to the back of passport with adhesive tape.
International Passport (importance & necessity)
Q: What is the meaning of the term “Provisionally selected”?
A:The following are eligible to apply under the Reserved Quota provided they have not performed Haj earlier either through HCOI/PTO or by any other means :-Haj Applicants above the age group of 70 years (as on 14.11.2017).
Q:Can a person applying under the Reserved Category be directly given the Provisionally Selected status?
A: An NRI Haj Applicant is a person who is a citizen of India but not staying in India and has applied for the Haj Pilgrimage.
- Self-attested Copy of Passport.
- Copy of Working / Residing Visa.
- Copy of Employment Letter showing working in that country.
Cancellation / Substitution of Haj Seat
Q: How can a Pilgrim cancel his / her Haj journey?
Q: What is the concession I will get under the Government Quota?
Time of apply:For each applicant, other than infant, a non-refundable processing fee of Rs.300/- is to be paid.
For payment at Bank branch, use pink colour pay-in-slip attached in booklet or download from website.
- Bank Reference Number :All provisionally selected pilgrims will be allotted a unique bank reference number which shall be communicated by the SHC in the provisional selection letter. For depositing Advance and Balance Haj Amount, this number must be quoted compulsorily.
- Payment :Payment is to be made :-
- online at ; or
- at any branch of State Bank of India into HCoI’s “Haj Pilgrim Money A/C Collection A/C (Fee Type 25)” A/C No.: 32175020010 ; or
- at any branch of Union Bank of India into HCoI’s “Haj Amount Account” A/C No.: 318702010406009.
For payment at Bank branch, use GREEN colour pay-in-slip attached in the booklet or downloaded from website. No Bank draft / cheque / cash shall be accepted by the HCoI.
- Advance Haj Amount :All the provisionally selected pilgrims shall pay Rs.81,000/-(Advance Haj Amount-Rs.80,000 plus Miscellaneous Dues-Rs.1,000).
- Confirmation :After depositing the amount of Rs.81,000/-, the provisionally selected pilgrims shall submit a copy of the pay-in-slip alongwith medical certificate (as per format available in the Guidelines) to the concerned SHC within one week of Qurrah. Pilgrim’s selection shall be confirmed by the HCoI upon uploading of HAFs alongwith pay-in-slip, medical certificate and their essential documents by SHC and receipt of passport, after due verification. This applies to both Group One & Group Two applicants. In case the pay-in-slip alongwith medical certificate is not submitted the Haj seat shall stand cancelled.
- Balance Haj Amount :
- HCoI shall disburse SR 2100/- in cash to each pilgrim at the Embarkation Point. The foreign exchange rate for the SR 2100/- is determined through tender floated by HCoI for this purpose. Further, the payments for accommodation, qurbani (adahi coupons), transportation, and other miscellaneous items in KSA are also to be remitted in SR by HCoI. Depending on the exchange rate applicable for the disbursal / expenditure in SR, Air-fare, taxes etc., the amount payable per pilgrim will be determined accommodation category-wise. An announcement will be made in this regard through media, website of HCoI, SHCs etc. The balance Haj Amount (total amount payable minus advance Haj amount) is to be paid by the date to be announced subsequently. Failure to make the payment by due date will lead to cancellation of seat. For Haj-2017, the total amount for Aziziya was Rs.2,00,000/- (approx.) and for Green it was Rs.2,34,000/- (approx) [break-up given on page 4].
- In case of foreign exchange fluctuations resulting in increase in expenditure incurred, the same shall be recovered either from the SR 2100/-, disbursed at the time of departure, or a separate announcement will be made by HCoI requesting the pilgrims to deposit more money.
- The HCoI has computerized the whole Pilgrim’s Movement System, including booking of Haj seat at Embarkation Point. The payment particulars are reflected in this System for every pilgrim. Seat in the flight will not be confirmed unless the applicable payments for entire cover are received by HCoI within the specified dates and are reflected in the System.
- Making payment does not guarantee Haj Seat :The applicants have to abide by all the Guidelines and give complete and true information. If an applicant gets provisional / confirmed status on the basis of wrong, false or incomplete information / document, then, upon detection, the pilgrimage of such applicant can be cancelled at any stage of Haj Application processing and movement, even at the Embarkation Point. Hence merely making payment of Haj amount does not guarantee Haj.
- Visa Fees for Repeaters :As per Saudi Haj Authorities, SR.2,000 is being charged for grant of Haj Visa for Repeaters i.e. to those who have visited Saudi Arabia for the purpose of Haj or Umrah during last three years. Accordingly, additional amount of SR.2,000 extra shall be charged from all such Haj applicants to meet out this expenses.
- If a selected applicant wants to cancel his/her journey on any ground he/she should submit a letter in the prescribed format to concerned SHC.
- After receipt of requests through SHC, cancellations shall be marked in IHPMS by HCoI.
- Once cancellation is marked, it will NOT be revoked on any ground.
- If an applicant fails to submit either passport or payment or both within the due dates, the selection will be summarily cancelled.
- Refunds on account of cancellations will be governed as per para 26 of these Guidelines.
1 R. A. S. (Reserved Accommodation Scheme) :
As per Saudi Regulations, accommodation has to be arranged for the pilgrims in advance through CGI. The space entitlement per pilgrim is 4 sq. meters.
2 Makkah Accommodation :
There are two categories of accommodation in Makkah viz. Green and Aziziya. The pilgrims are required to indicate their option in the HAF. The option once exercised shall be final and irrevocable. The accommodation particulars and charges for the two categories are as follows :
- Green :The buildings in this category will be within a distance of 1000 meters from the outer periphery of Haram Sharief (and not from Kaaba). As Haram Sharief is a very large mosque the distance from outer periphery to Kaaba would be additional 400-600 meters. Pilgrims have to either walk from their buildings to the Haram Sharief or use taxi on their own expense. NO KITCHEN FACILITY WILL BE PROVIDED IN THIS CATEGORY. As per the instruction of Saudi Authorities, cooking has been strictly prohibited in the buildings in Green Category. The pilgrims have to make their own arrangements for meals by purchasing from restaurants, hotels, etc. The amount chargeable for Green accommodation is SR 4500 per pilgrim. Due to ongoing construction work near Haram Shareif, very few accommodation buildings are available in Green category. In case, if more applicants opt for Green category, the selection shall be done through Qurrah. [During Haj- 2017, only 40% pilgrims of the total applicants who opted Green Category were accommodated in Green Category]. Differential of accommodation rentals were refunded to the remaining pilgrims.
- Aziziya :Pilgrims opting for this category will be accommodated in Aziziya or similar localities which would be within about 7-8 kms from Haram Sharief. However, bus transport to Haram Sharief will be provided for the pilgrims of this category. The amount chargeable for Aziziya category, inclusive of transportation, is SR 2580 per pilgrim.
- Besides absence of kitchen, there are neither special / extra facilities for pilgrims of Green category in accommodation units nor any preferential treatment during the stay in Madinah and Mina / Arafat / Muzdalifa.
- In case of non-availability, accommodation can be hired in altogether new category and allotted to the pilgrims who opted any of the above two categories.
- Qurrah for accommodation :In case the number of units available in a category is less than the demand, allotment shall be made through Qurrah. The remaining pilgrims shall be accommodated in the next category available. The charges will be as per the category actually allotted.
3 Madinah Accommodation :
Efforts shall be made to hire accommodation to all pilgrims in Madinah within Markaziya area.
4 Accommodation facilities :
The accommodation hired in holy cities has the facilities as prescribed by the KSA’s Regulations. The space entitlement for each pilgrim is 4 sq meters only and each pilgrim shall be provided with a mattress and a pillow. The rooms will be air-conditioned. The supply of Zam Zam to each building is by the Saudi Authorities as per their norms. Building owner’s staff is responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of the premises. The pilgrims have to share the room, kitchen (only in Aziziya), toilets and wash room facilities with other pilgrims in all categories both at Makkah and Madinah. Size of a room may vary from 1 person to 20 persons. A single toilet has to be shared by not more than 12 pilgrims and not more than 30 pilgrims have to share a single kitchen (only in Aziziya). IT MAY ALSO BE NOTED THAT KITCHEN IS NOT PROVIDED IN BUILDINGS (I) IN GREEN CATEGORY IN MAKKAH AND (II) IN MADINAH. As stated in para 16.2 (a) above cooking is strictly prohibited in Green Category. As per the Saudi Arabian rules, elevators are provided only in the buildings having more than four storeys. Although it has been decided to hire buildings having lift facility, some of the pilgrims may be required to stay in second, third or fourth storey with no lift facility. The HCoI shall request CGI to preferably accommodate all the aged pilgrims on the ground or first floor.
5 Exempted Category :
Pilgrims desirous of staying in any of the Indian Rubats shall obtain an allotment letter issued by concerned Rubat authorities concerned and submit it to the HCoI on or before 30th March, 2018. The allotment letter received after the last date shall not be entertained and the pilgrim shall be booked under Reserved Accommodation Scheme (R.A.S.) for which applicable charges shall be payable by the pilgrim. The Rubat Authorities will issue the allotment letter as per their authorized capacity as confirmed to HCoI by the CGI. In case of any delay on the part of Rubat Authorities, the HCoI shall not be responsible and the pilgrims will be booked under R.A.S.
6 Accommodation in Mina :
Mina is a valley with limited space and pilgrims have to share their living space with many others inside large tents. Pilgrims have to stay in Mina for 5-6 days. Arrangements in Mina are made through Tawafa Establishments (Moallims) and each Tawafa Establishment (Moallim) accommodates around 5000 pilgrims in his tents. Space is extremely scarce in Mina and pilgrims should carry only essential baggage with them. As per the KSA norms, a pilgrim is given space of 0.93 sq. mtrs. only just enough to place a 6×2.5 feet mattress laid on the floor (no beds are available).
7 Qurbani (Adahi) :
Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is the only body authorized by the Government of KSA to perform Qurbani for Haj Pilgrims. Pilgrims should not fall prey to the fraudsters in the name of Qurbani. Adahi through Islamic Development Bank (IDB) will be arranged by HCoI for the Covers who opt for it (all pilgrims of a Cover have to opt together). Option once exercised shall not be revoked.
1 Flight Allotment :
- Flight allotment will be intimated to the pilgrims 7 days in advance by SMS and Departure Intimation Card will be sent by post. The flight allotted can also be seen on the website of HCoI, hajcommittee.gov.in. Pilgrims may note that they have to travel by the allotted flight as per schedule and requests for change in flight dates shall not be considered.
- HCoI reserves the right to cancel or transfer the seats from one flight to another flight, if situation so warrants. The date given in Departure Intimation Card is tentative and the seat shall be confirmed only on the basis of availability of seats in a particular flight after reporting of the pilgrims in the Haj Camp Office at the Embarkation Point. Pilgrims are advised not to agitate in respect of flight date while reporting.
- The pilgrims and their relatives must co-operate with the officials of the SHC and HCoI and maintain a decent behaviour. Misbehaviour of the pilgrim or their relatives, with officials on duty in Haj Camp Office will attract legal action against them as also cancellation of Haj journey.
- In case of flight delays / cancellations, the Airlines shall provide snacks / food / transit accommodation etc as per the relevant laws / rules / conventions.
- Pilgrims whose flights are confirmed but who do not report at the respective Embarkation Point / Airport at the scheduled flight time shall not be allowed to travel by any subsequent flight, except in unavoidable circumstances that too when seat is available and only on payment of one-way air fare.
- Charter tickets are non-transferable. All pilgrims are issued round-trip outward / inward tickets in specified flights on specified dates. No cancellation or change or transfer will therefore be allowed on return flights.
2Commencement of Flights :
The flights to Madinah / Jeddah are likely to commence from 11-07-2018 and conclude on 13-08-2018.
3Return Flights :
3.1The return flights would commence from 24.08.2018 and conclude on 26.09.2018. The return boarding pass is issued to the pilgrims at the time of embarkation on outward journey itself. The dates of return journey from Jeddah / Madinah Munawwarah are allotted strictly in the order of pilgrims’ arrival at Madinah Munawwarah / Jeddah. Pilgrims are advised to note their return dates mentioned on the return boarding pass and report at Jeddah / Madinah Munawwarah Airport eight (8) hours in advance of the departure time of their flight.
3.2Although the date given on the return boarding pass is final, the pilgrims may confirm the same at Indian Haj Pilgrims Office, Makkah Mukarramah or Indian Haj Pilgrim Office, Madinah Munawwarah, in their own interest. If the pilgrims fail to reach Jeddah / Madinah Munawwarah airport in time and miss the specified flight, the HCoI shall not be responsible for their return journey and such pilgrims shall also not be entitled to any refund. Such pilgrims shall have to make their own arrangements, at their own risk and cost, for their return journey.
3.3City Check-in :
Airlines shall provide City check-in services during return journey. Baggage will be collected from the pilgrims in their respective buildings at Makkah and Madinah for each flight 24 to 30 hours in advance.
HCoI makes arrangements for journey in its capacity as Charterers through Ministry of Civil Aviation. The HCoI cannot, therefore, accept any liability for damage, loss, injury, accident, delay or any other irregularity, which may occur on account of negligence or default of the persons concerned with the arrangements. The HCoI also accepts no responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delays or changes in the running of the flight and any other services, unfavourable weather conditions, strike, civil / political disturbances, war, quarantines, natural calamities or technical snags of the aircraft. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the pilgrims. The HCoI reserves the right to cancel or postpone flights due to insufficient load or any other reasons.
In the Kingdom
DURATION OF STAY IN THE KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA :
The duration of stay of the pilgrims in the KSA is about 30 to 40 days. It may vary as per schedule provided by the airlines and approved by regulatory authorities. The accommodation units in Makkah Mukarramah are hired by the CGI for the entire Haj season and not on daily rental basis. The rate charged is for the entire Haj season irrespective of the duration of stay. Hence all the pilgrims are charged uniformly. Accordingly the pilgrims are not entitled for any refund based on the duration of stay or any deficiencies.
DEATHS IN KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA :
2Insurance claim of a pilgrim who dies in KSA in a Road Traffic Accident (RTA), will be settled by Insurance Company through HCoI. Besides, Saudi Government also pays death compensation to the pilgrims who die in RTA.
1 Standard Baggage :The pilgrims can carry at the most two suitcases and a hand bag of the weight and sizes mentioned below only, to be used for both Outward and Inward journey.
|Number of Pieces||Weight||Size|
|Two(2) Suitcases||upto 22kg. each||(Length + Breadth + Height)158 cm maximum total dimensions|
|One(1) Bag||Upto 10kg.||55cm x 40cm x 23cm|
Baggage items other than the specified suitcases and handbag should not be carried. HCoI will not be responsible for extra baggage. Non-compliance may lead to cancellation of Haj journey and forfeiture of the entire amount deposited at any stage of journey.
2 Zam Zam Water :The pilgrims should not carry Zam Zam cans separately at the time of return from KSA. KSA authorities will seize baggage in the Airport if Zam Zam or any prohibited items are found in the baggage. Zam Zam can of 5 liters shall be provided to every pilgrim at their disembarkation point by the airlines.
At the time of boarding the flight in India and KSA pilgrims should obtain baggage tags from the Airlines after handing over the check-in baggage. Pilgrim must insist for baggage tag. Upon arrival if baggage is missing or damaged, following should be done:
- Pilgrim should approach the Airline’s lost baggage desk nearest to baggage area.
- The Airlines should be shown the tag of missing/damaged baggage to lodge a complaint.
- The Property Irregularity Report (PIR) should be filled, submitted to Airlines and a copy retained by the pilgrim.
- A complaint may be filed with Airlines directly for claim of lost baggage or compensation from Airlines, together with all relevant travel documents, after waiting for lost baggage till the last flight.
- The last date for making a claim for lost baggage shall be 20.10.2018.
HCoI arranges for compensation/insurance for its pilgrims. The cases of Cash (SR) / Baggage loss are settled by the CGI, Jeddah after proper scrutiny relating to genuineness/ admissibility of the claim. The pilgrims have to approach the General Welfare Wing of the Indian Haj Pilgrims Office Main Office at Makkah / Madinah and present the report. In case of accidental death/disability, the insurance claims are settled through the Insurance Company by HCoI. The documents are obtained from CGI, Jeddah and forwarded to the Insurance Company for settlement of claims. In case of hospitalization/ disability, HCoI also bears the cost of pilgrim’s repatriation to India in wheel chair /stretcher. The insurance coverage commences with the landing of pilgrims in KSA and ceases to operate once the pilgrims leave KSA.
BANNED ITEMS AND OTHER RESTRICTIONS :
- Carrying any inflammable articles viz. kerosene, petrol, stove etc. in any form is prohibited. Any pilgrim found carrying any of these articles, will invite legal punishment.
- The import of Khash-khash, Viagara-tablets, Sexual oil and cream, Synthetic Capore, Cystone, Khammera, Gutkha, Khaini, Gul, Pipermint or narcotics in any form into the KSA is banned. All the pilgrims are, therefore, advised in their own interest not to carry these items. Officials at Embarkation Points are authorized to stop carriage of banned / restricted items mentioned above. Pilgrims carrying such items will be arrested by KSA authorities in the Kingdom.
- Government of KSA has banned carrying all political literature, photographs or pornographic material of any kind while visiting Saudi Arabia for Haj. Violation of these instructions, will invite severe punishment.
- The Government of KSA has banned carrying of foodstuff, cooked or uncooked. Haj pilgrims are not permitted to carry oil, ghee, pickles, fish, sweetmeats, vegetables, fruit and similar articles etc., with them either in their personal baggage or otherwise. The Customs Authorities at Jeddah / Madinah or at the Indian Airport itself will confiscate such items and the pilgrims will have to face hardship. The pilgrims are, therefore, advised in their own interest not to carry the eatables with them while proceeding for Haj. As per the instruction of Saudi authorities cooking has been strictly prohibited in the buildings in Green Category in Makkah and in Madinah. The pilgrims have to make their own arrangements for meals, by purchasing from restaurants, hotels, etc.
- The pilgrims are advised not to carry their tickets / travel documents, extra cash, jewellery or other valuables while going to Mina. Cooking is strictly prohibited in Mina. Pilgrims should carry no gas ring / cooker / cylinder or kerosene stove or any inflammable articles to Mina.
- The Government of KSA does not permit pilgrims to do business activity. Therefore carrying of any goods / articles in large quantity for commercial purpose is prohibited. Any pilgrim missing his / her flight on account of this restriction will be doing so on his / her own risk and the passage money of such pilgrim will be forfeited.
- Any beggar in the guise of pilgrim proceeding to Haj through HCoI will be dealt with strictly including cancellation/detention at any stage, with forfeiture of any amount deposited.